Tuesday 25 October 2011

Who's a big boy? Mother has to resort to caesarean after giving birth to 14lb baby

By CLAIRE BATES



Scaling new heights: Conor was the biggest baby the midwife had ever seen



When Miriam Pearman found out she was pregnant for the second time, all she wanted was a natural birth after she had to have her first son by caesarean section.

Unfortunately that wasn't an option when she went into labour with her son Conor - who was simply too big to push out.

Hospital staff where amazed when the giant baby tipped the scales at just over a stone.



At 14lb 1.75oz Conor was twice the average birth weight.

The proud 33-year-old mother from Nottingham, said: 'I really wanted to try and have a natural delivery, because I had a caesarean for my first child, Leon.

'But that was a bit of a feat because Conor was just so big. I didn't feel much pain, but in the end I did have to have a Caesarean because he was so large and he just wasn't coming out.'

Mrs Pearman's first son Leon, now three-and-a-half, was born in 2008 and weighed 10lb 4oz.



Still growing strong: Miriam says Conor, pictured here at eight months, wears clothes meant for children twice his age



She said: 'I was quite big when I was pregnant, so I was expecting a bigger baby than Leon.

'But I was thinking somewhere around 11 or 12lb, and wasn't expecting anything as big as this.

'My husband Jason and I are both quite slim, but also pretty tall, so maybe that's it.'

She said the hospital staff were as surprised as she was.

'There were about half a dozen people there at the time, and they couldn't believe how big he was.

'The midwife was saying it was the biggest she had ever seen and making us take photos of him.'



source: dailymail
Published by YpMhb Blog
Like Asmtp on Jempol or Add Asmtp on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment